Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ginger kills a rat!!!

My mom has been fighting a few rats that have been living in either her palm trees or her sagos and she has caught one in her rat zapper about a month ago but she hasn't seen once since. About a week or two ago, I had taken the girls over for a swim on a Friday. Mom was working late that day for a football game and it had been really windy so I knew the pool would be a mess and that she'd be home too late to clean it up so while they swam I swept and skimmed the pool. Usually when Ginger is tired of swimming she roams the yard sniffing around the sagos no doubt searching for the elusive rats, until today to no avail. Today however...she scared one out of the sagos and it took off running and hid under the spa steps. She pinned it under there and then she dove under to get him...drug him out and continued to "play" with him until he was pretty much limp...it was gross and of-course I had to deal with the carnage! O-well...one less in the rat population I guess...nature hard at work...Go Ginger! :)


3 comments:

Leah Friesen said...

At least she didn't eat it! That would have been a totally different kind of mess to deal with.

Moe said...

She might have if I'd've let her but they can have diseases so as soon as it went limp I called her off and threw it away! Soooo Gross!

Sherry said...

Awesome!