So on Monday October 12th, 2009...after a very long, unexpected, shocking, emotional, and expensive weekend I woke up in my hotel room, put on my recently acquired Target lounge clothes and waited anxiously for the doctors to call and tell me that Baylie is ready to go home. I finally got the call around 8:30am and Dr. Hazlette told me Baylie was doing well and once they got the paperwork in order she'd be ready to be discharged (I assumed around 10am like I was originally told) but she said she'd be ready anytime after noon. Well, CRAP...that meant more waiting!!! I decided to go get some breakfast before I checked out of my room so that I could come back one last time to pee, figuring that once I had Baylie in the car we'd have to go strait home. I got restless

around 11am so I decided to check out and head back to the hospital...I got there around 11:30 hoping I could have all of Baylie's discharge papers completed, bills paid, and medications picked so by noon I'd actually get Baylie and go home! I was shocked to see how busy discharge was, it was literally standing room only and I didn't even get up to the counter until 12:15!!! Then by the time I paid and consulted with the pharmacist regarding all 5 of Baylie's meds. and met with the doctor one last time to get post-op instructions Baylie wasn't actually released until almost 1:45! The tech. helped me get Baylie in the car but we didn't so much drive around the corner when she started whining...I asked her if she needed to go pee and she barked! I pulled over tied a bag around her cast so it wouldn't get wet or dirty like I was instructed then lifted her outta the car. Almost immediately she peed and then I had to get her back in the car and convince her to lay down because she shouldn't be trying to balance in the car on three legs! I ended up having to pull over 4 times throughout the drive home to help her la

y back down...she just couldn't maneuver the bulky cast on her own. I arrived home around 4:30pm and found Ginger roaming around my FRONT yard!!! My mom had babysat Ginger all weekend with no issues but then she dropped her off in my backyard Monday morning before she went to work...and by the looks of my destroyed backyard I know Ginger wasn't out front all day but she'd actually figured out how to unlatch the gate to get out...obviously it is now pad-locked!!! Darn dog is too smart and anxiety filled for her own good! Once they both had dinner they crashed until it was time to actually go to bed. I ended up taking off on Tuesday as well so that I could have time to "train" my mom and Leah how to deal with Baylie after I have to go back to work. You see, the worst part of all of this is the recovery restrictions...Baylie has to be crated for the fi

rst month! So thank God for Leah being willing to come over mid-morning everyday to take Baylie outside to pee and drink and then a few hours later Mom comes by whenever she gets a lunch break to let her out again...then I jam home as soon as possible after work! This would never work without a group effort because I only get a 35 minute lunch and work almost 30 minutes away from home...so I'm indebted for the help! Thank you guys! By the end of the week I can already tell that Baylie is feeling a bit better because she's trying to move too fast and she keeps picking up balls and dropping them at my feet...this is going to be a LONG recovery!
1 comment:
These pictures are SO SAD!
Post a Comment