
Thursday June 2nd, 2011. YEAR #7 DONE! I/we made it!!! Oh how the years fly by, I started this job in 2004 and 7 years later here we are at yet another graduation...sending a few more seniors out into the world to begin to fending for themselves--fingers crossed they survive! It is not exactly mandatory that teachers attend the graduation ceremonies but it is HIGHLY encouraged! Thus far I haven't missed one and this year we had a few students that I was going to truly miss and that always makes the graduation a bit more special. Kim Smith and I decided to go shopping the day before for a new outfit with the
full intention of going out after the ceremony...which we did but it didn't last too long. Everyone was drinking and I'd come in the same car as Kim so I didn't really have a way leave at my leisure and I just never really feel comfortable drinking in a mixed crowd and tonight was the epitome of mixed with coworkers and administrators--simply not my scene! I was kind of hoping that Kim, me Linda and some of "our" crowd would find something to do together and not stay at Goose Loonies with the whole Highland Staff. Ultimately an hour or two into the so called after party, I bummed a
ride home from Rob Long (friend, drama teacher, and co-worker). After that I only had Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to rest and recuperate before Summer School started on Monday the 6th of June!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment