
So needless to say, puppies are a handful and everybody knows that but THIS puppy (Ginger) is so much more mischievous than I remember Baylie ever being! I remember Baylie gnawing on low hanging branches but Ginger comes along and fully uproots one of my 2 foot tall Hibiscus plants dragging a few branches into the house so proud to show me what she did! Leave a magazine or any type of paper product within her reach and it WILL be shredded! However, in her defense she has not ever chewed on any furniture or anything of value...so even though she can make it look like a tornado hit in my living room in 10 minutes flat at least it is easily fixable! She still doesn't realize that she can jump more than an inch or two off the ground but ever since she was just 8 weeks old she proved again and again

that she is able to climb like King Kong! I started Ginger off in her own little outdoor puppy resort with a padded crate and exercise pen but my neighbor told me that she cried all day and then it got hot so I gave up and moved her and everything inside. I rearranged my kitchen and dining room so
she'd still have a lot of room to move and play. The second day after moving things inside I came home after work and she greeted me at the door along side of Baylie who has free run of the house and I couldn't figure out how she was getting out of a 3 1/2 foot tall pen! That night I staged a covert operation and put Ginger in her crate and told her goodbye and open and shut the front door "to leave"

except I didn't, instead I crawled back in super quietly to watch her in action. In just under 3 minutes she CLIMBED out...the first time over to the couch sliding down smoothly and the second time she fell down and plopped onto the tile floor (I only did it twice because the first time I was too busy watching in awe to get a picture!). I then stayed up an extra hour while trying to rig a cover for her pen using a blanket and zip ties because I was worried that she'd fall and hurt herself but I wasn't ready to trust her in my house just yet! The blanked topped pen worked for about a week but then somehow Houdini found a way to get out AGAIN! At this point I gave up and just baby gated off the remainder of the house only giving her the freedom to roam from the backyard to the kitchen and so far...so good!
1 comment:
I think she's ready to learn some tricks!
Post a Comment