Friday, May 9, 2008

Ginger--The Newest Edition to the Family!!!


Well...I've been wanting to get Baylie a sister for years now but my living situation and various other circumstances were never quite right...until now! Now with a permanent address and good size back yard I'm ready. Baylie recently had her 3rd birthday on May 1st 2008 and she just passed her evaluations for her Canine Good Citizenship Certificate and her Therapy Dogs International so we can get back into pet therapy! So my overall hope was that she'd make a good role model for a new puppy, helping me with some of the training! I had my name on a waiting list for a litter of Labrador Retriever's that weren't due until May 29th and then ready to be taken home 7ish weeks after that but I was worried that I wouldn't have enough time to train/bond with the new puppy before I had to go back to work. I then began looking around for other options and fell into a nice retired couple who had a litter of yellow labs that were 7 weeks old and ready to take home NOW! I fell in love with one of the female pups and felt comfortable with the environment they'd been raised in and that was it! Friday the 9th of May, 2008 Baylie and I added a new puppy to our family...sadly it took me until Sunday to pick a name for her! I chose the name Ginger for her and she seemed to like it because it didn't take her too long to come when called. Enjoy her cute pictures!

No comments: