Saturday, November 5, 2011

UCLA Football Date!

My boss at work, Laurie Ceccarelli has box-seat season tickets to the UCLA games because her son used to attend UCLA and was on the cheerleading squad.  On this particular day, Laurie couldn't make the game and knowing I was dating someone (which she was excited about) she offered the tickets to me.  Now honestly I don't follow football of any sort but I don't mind watching games live (besides they always seem to have the best hot dogs and peanuts there!  I was grateful that she'd offer them to me so I quickly called Paul to make sure he could go that day...he could so I accepted them!  It actually turned out to be a pretty exciting game coming down to a one point lead with 49 seconds left in the game (read stats below)!!!    

UCLA 29, Arizona State 28 (final)

November 5, 2011 |  8:05 pm

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) - Derrick Coleman scored the go-ahead touchdown for UCLA on a 1-yard run with 49 seconds to play, and Alex Garoutte missed a 46-yard field goal attempt as time expired in the Bruins' 29-28 victory over No. 20 Arizona State on Saturday night.
Coleman's dive capped a perilous 79-yard drive featuring a fumble by Coleman, an offensive pass-interference penalty and a third-and-29 conversion by the Bruins (5-4, 4-2 Pac-12), who improbably moved into first place in the Pac-12 South by winning consecutive games for the first time since early last season.

No comments: