Friday, September 2, 2011

Dating Round 4...1st Date with Paul


Dinner at the Blue Elephant with Paul for our 1st date and our 1st time meeting in person.  Paul picked the location after I said that I was comfortable with any kind of food except Indian.  I panicked a little when he said Thai food because I'd never had it before.  However, I pride myself on being open to try new things and being flexible enough to find something to order any place I go, so I started doing my research!  I talked to everyone at work that day, asking who'd eaten Thai food and what they'd recommend to a novice that has a slightly weak palate for spicy foods.  It was pretty unanimous, ordering the Pad Thai was at the top of the suggestion list!  I double checked that Pad Thai was in fact listed on the menu (thank goodness for the internet) and of-course it was much to my relief!  I met Paul that evening at the restaurant and we had a wonderful dinner with fluid conversation.  We were both enjoying the evening enough so that we decided to stay with the Elephant theme and continue our conversation over a drink at the Elephant Bar and we continued talking until the restaurant closed!  Date one down and looking forward to date two!  :-)   

No comments: