Saturday, October 16, 2010

Leann Lopez's (Former Student) Baby Shower...


After home schooling Leann for nearly 3 years she graduated and then invited me to her baby shower.  It was jungle themed and decorated really cute.  I gotta say this was the first all Hispanic baby shower I'd ever been to and it was the loooongest event EVER!  I figured 2-3 hours, but after the 3rd hour they had barley gotten to games and presents...cutting the cake wasn't even in sight yet!  I was very honored to have been invited but I deceded to leave after presents (before cake) because I just couldn't handle any more!   

The gift I made for Leann...diaper cake and wipee cases.
Leann and her "baby daddy" (Junior Garcia)
Leann and baby Raileen (A few months later)

We got it approved for Leann to take my DHH summer school class to earn units enough units to graduate.
Leann's arm...this is how I met her...I was her home school teacher due to mental health issues for nearly 3 years....we bonded well enough that she invited me to her baby shower...very honored!

No comments: