Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ginger vs. My House...Ginger wins AGAIN!

Ginger plays tug-of-war with my house and Ginger won!!! Mostly my fault...well, not really but I did enable the tugging ease. You see, the weekend prior Ginger ate through my hose (when I'd left it out back) and there was about a foot of hose still attached to the spigot that I never gave a second thought to (BIG mistake!). After a day of work I stopped at the supermarket and didn't arrive home till nearly 5:30 so I have no idea when the destruction actually happened. I walked into my house and noticed a strange noise...water running??? Sure enough...Ginger had used the foot of hose to play tug-of-war with the house and literally ripped the spigot off the wall!!! Water was shooting out of the exposed copper pipes and my backyard looked like a lake (which both girls seemed to enjoy)! Called Todd's Plumbing service and he was so nice to come strait over even though he was technically off work and heading home. I turned off my water main to stop the waterworks and Todd was able to fix my problem in about 30-40 minutes (and didn't even charge me extra for the after hours call---Thank you Todd's Plumbing!!) :)







2 comments:

Leah Friesen said...

Did you end up having a huge water bill?

Moe said...

No actually, it was only about 5 bucks higher than normal so that was lucky!!!